Fable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fable

The Forgotten Tales

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Deeper In The Guild Woods...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Deeper In The Guild Woods... Empty
PostSubject: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 5:07 pm

[The beetles were crawling all around the place, Dozens of the buggers.]

NOTICE

Make sure you have read Novice Training post before you post in this section!
Back to top Go down
https://fable-frpg.darkbb.com
Eclipse

Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:45 pm

Kota walked into the deep part of the woods. His hood,like most of the time was up and no one could see his eyes. He wasn't sure if anyone else was going to join him. I'll wait a few more minutes before starting to see if anyone will come. thought kota. He could see some beetles form where we was. They didn't seem to noticed him so Kota didn't do anything. He waited to see if anyone would join him in the woods.
Back to top Go down
Insight

Insight

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:53 pm

Insight was in a hurry. He had prepared himself for a Quest Card he accepted, but was delayed by his studies. Insight rushed, and reserved his Will, specifically, resisted using Time Control to get there much quicker. As he arrived, he had noticed another Student of the Heroes Guild waiting for others to participate. Most certainly, not a Loner. Thought Insight briefly. His hood wasn't hovering down over the upper part of his face, but he was still in his light blue cloak, which he was thinking about dying a philisophical gray... Insight arrived. While breathing somewhat heavily, he spoke. "Had I arrived in time, fellow Student?" Asked Insight hastly. "If not, i'll return to my studies." Added Insight, giving off a little bit of his character. His eyes were a Dark Gray, unlike the other students eyes, which were completely shrouded by the hood. And his hair was a mid-lengthed dark brown, he was 16, and according to Insight's examination, this man appeared a couple years older.... Insight prepared for the mission, he stood back up, tall, waiting for the fellow student to respond, and he made sure his blade was sheathed and his bow and arrows strapped.
Back to top Go down
http://www.narutoancients.iowoi.org
Chameleon

Chameleon

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:01 pm

"Did I miss anything? " Chameleon asked as he formed into himself from the particles in the air. "Its always great to see new heroes, of course Iv'e already met insight, Names chameleon umm?" chameleon said as he waited for the hooded student to speak. "wow this forest is infested with beetles their has to be over 300 of them down their, Their must be a nest, at least thats my guess, we should head up further though we will encounter many beetles, but its the only way to get to the nest" explained Chameleon. Chameleon had waited for the others to start moving he never really liked being the first to attack.

[OOC: I will play as the beetles as well]

As the three students were approaching a horde of beetles came out of nowhere, Their faces as sharp as giant splinters, They were indefinately Thorn Beetles, a dangerous species that could poisin one if too close.
Back to top Go down
Eclipse

Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:07 pm

"No." said Kota. "I am Eclipse." said kota. "I am guessing your insight." kota looked at the man that appeared before Chameleon. "It's time we must be starting." said kota. He swiped his scythe over his head cutting some on the beetles in half. "Am I alone or with friends." asked kota fighting some of the beetles. He thought this was a bit easy. Maybe this will harder. thought kota
Back to top Go down
Insight

Insight

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:17 pm

(OOC: Remember Kota, Chameleon is a student as well. Don't think otherwise.)

Insight simply examined the other two students. "Correct, I am Insight. I've heard of you locally, you have a repuation for 'not caring'..." Claimed Insight intelligently. He chose not to say a word afterwards, and allow the will he possessed to speak for itself. Once Kota had prepared to strike, Insight felt it was his time to prove himself not only to the Guildmaster, but fellow students of the Guild. He'd prove that what they've all been making fun of him for doing (reading constantly in his dorm, and outside of it.) will prove to be his greatest advantage. "I suggest we all move to ranged attacks... I hear these thron beetles have quite the powerful sting, poison i'm proposing." Explained Insight to his colleagues. "So, Eclipse. I recommend you not use your Scythe, and perhaps focus more on using your Will. I sense Chameleon had already been prepared to." Claimed Insight collectedly, observing his opponents as they got closer. Insight charged up his lightning to make it quite powerful, or at least, as powerful as it could be for him... And once the beetles were close enough in range, he released Shock, in a 'spread' form. Suddenly a few of the beetles were immediately burned by the lightning. The rest were getting even closer. "I guess we'll be using close range as well than?" Questioned Insight, towards himself, out loud. He quickly spun out his Longsword, which was augmented, and got in a unique stance, preparing to counter the Beetles sting.
Back to top Go down
Chameleon

Chameleon

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:40 pm

"correct about that Insight", Chameleon yelled as he pulled out his scimitar. "I suggest you brace yourselves, if those thorn like heads hit you, you may lose some fatique" exclaimed Insight. "I have an idea while you two use your swords against the beetles I will take the form of one, I will be blue so do not mistaken me for them, remember thorn beetles are green, This way I can maneuver attacks from behind killing the beetles without them realizing that it is me, I will move ahead you two clear out the frontlines, once you reach the center their numbers should be lower giving you the upper hand" Chameleon explained as he started to form into a blue thorn beetle. "I'll see you two their!" yelled chameleon again as he flew further down the path.

[The Beetles]
The beetles began to grow in even larger numbers after Insight blasted the first group and Eclipse sliced and diced through the second. However once Chameleon took the form of a beetle they had lost track of him and targeted the other two heroes, Eclipse and Insight. The beetles were getting tougher and more agressive, The two would have to fight valiantly togather to even step a foot further.
Back to top Go down
Eclipse

Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:42 pm

"We need some space to think." said kota. He used force push and some of the beetles when flying. Kota then used blades. A few beetles got impaled. "Maybe a dual scythe form will work." said kota making a clone using Arathium. For a bit kota stuck to just fighting with the scythe. "If you are insight show me why they call you that." said kota. He made sure he didn't hit Chameleon while he fought.
Back to top Go down
Insight

Insight

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:51 pm

Insight listened to Eclipse, as he was in the midst of repelling the enemy. Chameleon's strategy to him was a good one. But, it didn't really help them at their current point. Chameleon's character was mysterious... But certainly an interesting one. He got back into his own situation, and observed Eclipse's movements. Eclipse had repelled and damaged the enemy, it was a good use of the Will. Once he had used the scythe he was also somewhat impressed with his fighting skills, in close-quarter combat. Eclipse was trying to provoke Insight's use of Chaos, while Insight was fighting using his augmented Longsword. He had killed a couple off, but then, he chose it'd be smart to use Chaos anyway. "So, you use Arathium? I suppose it was smart of me to move Arath's Fables to a more open area..." Said Insight, as he charged up Chaos. Eventually his Chaos was at its maximum potential. He slammed his palms onto the ground, staying away from Eclipse. Suddenly a wide burst of pink aura had spread all around him, catching all the Beetles around him. The beetles went made, for their minds were alot smaller then a Human beings, and they ended up killing eachother leading to their own demise... Insight was starting to breathe more deeper for that took alot of Will out of him. "Alright, I had shown you. Hopefully i've proven useful." Stated Insight, as he was out of breath. "The enemies around us are now all dead... Lets proceed towards Chameleon. With the path now clear of enemy beetles, he used the energy he had left to pull him closer towards Chameleon's location, deeper into the woods. "Lets go!" Shouted Insight to Eclipse.
Back to top Go down
Chameleon

Chameleon

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 8:07 pm

"I alone cannot kill these beetles, Perhaps it is time I use liquid clones to form 3 other beetles, That way it will be 4 against many, however I should be able to take down more than if I was on my own", Chameleon Said. Chameleons liquid clones formed into blue thorn beetles so that they could be told apart from the green, This now tripled the attack and more beetles then before were dying by their own species heads. Chameleon realized Eclipse and Insight were coming, "Just in time, I promised myself i'd leave you some", Chameleon said, all around chameleon were dead beetles, "I will continue to press forward with my clones this way I can triple the damage dealt on these filthy creatures, Take care of the remaining ones the final wave is just ahead and I shall lower their numbers for you both, after they are takin care of we should reach the nest, well then good luck" Chameleon said as he went further ahead to the last wave with his three clones in the shape of a blue thorn beetle behind him.

The beetles were losing their numbers thanks to Eclipses ability with his scythe and Insights Chaos ability. As they presssed forward the beetles numbers grew larger, However thanks to Chameleon the Beetles numbers were only half as much as before making this next wave easier than the one before.
Back to top Go down
Mythic

Mythic

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:05 pm

(OOC: Once Eclipse and Insight post, then it's my turn, right?)
Back to top Go down
Insight

Insight

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:06 pm

(OOC: I believe that to be a decent order. You're correct. Kota, it's your turn to post.)
Back to top Go down
Eclipse

Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:24 pm

Kota swung his scythe cutting some more bugs. "For once something fun!" yelled kota smiling. Kota was starting to get careless. One of the beetle hit him form the back. Kota turned around and killed the beetle. "Crap..." said kota. Kota was down on one knee. "Got careless...". Kota started to breath a bit heavier. "There has to be a curse." said kota to the others. "If any of you guys know it please speak up."
Back to top Go down
Insight

Insight

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:39 pm

Insight was glad that Chameleon was damaging the source of the main force. He had impressive skill, and seemed prepared. Chameleon was oddly ambitious though, wielding powers Insight had never even read of... It was very interesting. While he was thinking of this, it seemed Eclipse got careless and was suddenly stung by a Beetle, right after seeing this Insight had to say something. "And that is why strategizing is very important. We must proceed more carefully in the future. Anyway, the only strategy here is to resist the poision, and proceed further, after depleting their forces." Issued Insight calmly. He had gathered fire from his arm, and lunge the flame to the ground, causing a mass of inferno amongst some of the beetles remaining. A few of the last remaining beetles had gotten burnt up. Then Insight used Shock, jolting 2 more beetles with a furious blast of lightning. A few were left, and they were gathering. They had become smarter that was certain. "We must hold them off. Don't let fatigue get to you, we must proceed further. If we don't we'd be leaving Chameleon in the darkness alone!" Claimed Insight loudly.

(OOC: Mythic it is your turn to post. Be sure to make your entrance. I recommend making an entrance of you already fighting beetles, and then meeting up with Eclipse and I. That way it'll look more like you were already in the middle of this mission all along. This will also be our first time meeting eachother, so, if you want to reveal some character, it's best to do it as a first impression. You most likely already know this, for you yourself are a decent RPer, anyway, enjoy yourself, that is above all.
Back to top Go down
Mythic

Mythic

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:46 pm

(OOC: I already made a reply a bit ago, then after posting it, I saw the posting order. lol. So I copied my post and deleted it.)

Mythic sprinted to the Guild Woods as fast as her legs would allow her. An arrow wound beset her left thigh, an accident in her training. The projectile had been removed already, and the wound bandaged, but she wouldn't rest or wait for it to heal (or even for a professional to examine it). She knew that she was already running late for the Quest in the Guild woods. Other students most likely already started without her. She wouldn't miss this opportunity.

Faster! She urged herself, but to no avail. It would be easier to fight a Balverine unarmed than to sprint in her condition. Eventually, she arrived, shortbow in hand. The noise of hundreds of beetles filled the woods. Mythic notched an arrow to her bow and took aim at two beetles, one was positioned behind the other. She let the arrow fly, penetrating both of them, then notched two more arrows. She was now hunting. After a few minutes and a few dozen beetles, Mythic came across a few other students. Most of them she couldn't put a name to, but had seen them around the guild. Mythic tended to keep to herself and her own studies. Socializing was her last priority, when where was so much to learn. "May I join you?" She politely asked, waiting to take up a defensive position. If the response was positive, then she would stay back and arch, making sure no beetles would sneak up on any of the other students.
Back to top Go down
Chameleon

Chameleon

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:04 pm

Chameleon had cut down more beetles this time, "it should be easier for them to take care of the rest", Chameleon said. "Now to head to the nest, The source of this beetle investation", Chameleon said as he slowly walked up further towards the source of the beetles, He could here two familiar voices coming closer, one however did not sound familiar, it was a voice of a female. "I must be cautious for it would be unstrategic to approach the nest so daringly" Chameleon said as he glared at the nest trying to study it. Suddenly Chameleon could hear a loud sound that shook the ground.

The Beetles

As soon as Chameleon glared at the nest, out of nowhere a large mutated Thorn Beetle charged out causing him to fly backwards and hit a rock, As the mutated beetle made its approach 50 other regular thorn beetles followed behind. It seemed as if the mutated thorn beetle was waiting for the other heroes to come closer for they have yet realized its prescense, If anything the heroes probal saw Chameleon hit a rock. The mutated beetle was ready to attack and it straightened its legs out as if to charge at something. It appeared as if a cave was hidden behind the nest, which must've been the home of the mutated beetle.
Back to top Go down
Eclipse

Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 6:32 am

"Ok sure." said kota sarcastically. "And my leg well get better and i can fight with my scythe again." Kota sighed. "I need balance to use my scythe." A girl, another hero ran up and ask to join. "Sure, if your a hero, well know we would be hurt form the poison." joked kota. Using his scythe like staff. He stood up painfully using the scythe to lean on. "You wouldn't happen to had a cure would you?" he asked the girl.
Back to top Go down
Insight

Insight

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 6:44 am

Insight was first wary of Chameleon's clash towards the Beetle, which had failed for Chameleon. Before witnessing this, a new Hero had introduced herself. She was unknown to Insight, but all Students with Hero Titles already, were most likely. "Yes, you may join us. Please becareful." Said Insight, not even glancing at the girl, since he was in the midst of wanting to aid Chameleon as soon as possible. It seemed Mythic had helped them with her Bow, she seemed like one who focused on Skill, more then anything else. She had intrigued Insight but, he had Chameleon to worry about. It seemed the fatigue from the posion was really getting to Eclipse. "Eclipse, you must use your own Willpower, to resist the poisons effect, don't let it get to you! We need to push forward, a comrade could die!" Ordered Insight loudly. Once the beetles were clear, and after witnessing the hammering of Chameleon against the rock, he knew he was to expect some sort of suprise. "Alright, halt your positions! I know how you feel, for i'd like to step further and save Chameleon as well, but I find it wise if we bring whatever did that to him, out before it suprises us instead." Claimed Insight strategically, as he gathered a jolt of lightning within his hands, also known as Shock. Once Shock was as fully charged as it could be at his level, and before stepping any furtther, he lunged it straight towards the area Chameleon was bashed out of, to possibly lure whatever is deep within the woods outside of its hiding place... "Right when it appears, I find it wise to attack it." Claimed Insight patiently, as he waited for his trap to work perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Mythic

Mythic

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 5:37 pm

The beetles are poisoned..? Mythic thought to herself, notching a second arrow to her bow, pulling back on the string and taking aim at the direction where the unknown danger was located. She waited for the command to fire her arrows, while thinking of some Will abilities that may come in useful. Vortex might slow it down...but it may harm the other Hero nearby. Or I could Vanish and sneak up on it... Mythic was plotting, thinking of how she could use as little Mana as possible. She then decided.

Mythic relaxed her bow and the two arrows notched to it, then began to use a Will ability, Vanish. First her hands began to turn invisible, then her arms, then chest and torso, and finally, her legs and feet. She swiftly and quietly sneaked closer, taking up a position behind the rock where the Hero had been attacked at, appearing again. She got ready to let the two notched arrows fly, waiting from word from the apparent Will-using Hero. Her heart raced, as she knew that the situation could be lethal, if they weren't careful. This was far beyond training.
Back to top Go down
Chameleon

Chameleon

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:08 pm

Chameleon

"Apparently this thing is using me for bait, It must be waiting for the others", Chameleon said as he laid up against the rock. "I cannot allow them to fall for the trap, It can jeapardize the whole assignment", Chameleon said. "I just so happen to have a plan, I will use my transformation ability to take the form of a rock, This has to confuse the beetle", said Chameleon as he took the form of a rock. "I must hold off until the others arrive for it would be unwise to simply attack something a student such as myself is incapable of doing so alone", Chameleon said has he continued to wait for the others.

The Beetles

The large beetle grew evermore confused, Chameleon had disappeared in front of its eyes. The beetle continued to remain hidden for even if Chameleon disappeared, It already could hear voices coming closer. It would let its other beetle friends lower their fatique, Making it easier to attack them and have as a snack. The final wave of beetles was waiting for the other Heroes to arrive.

[OOC: Sorry for the inconvience]
Back to top Go down
Eclipse

Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 6:29 am

Eclipse sighed. "I am using my will to stop it." said eclilpse. "But i can't fight still, i still need balance." Eclipse follow is comrads, using his scythe as a walking stick to stay balance. "Ok how many more waves do you think there are?" ask eclipse. "Let just finish this. I'm using my will but i still feel like crap cause of the poison."
Back to top Go down
Insight

Insight

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 6:57 am

"Well it seemed my trap, to lure it out was unsuccessful..." Examined Insight... He was a bit frustrated for the Bettle was smarter then most. "This means, we're going into shrouded ground... Beetles may come out at us at any time." Explained Insight worriedly. "Alright, as we get deeper into the woods, remain fortified, and keep a good eye out on opponents." Ordered Insight, it was an obvious plan, but it would work. Insight pushed forward a bit further... As he did this, he went a little bit ahead of the rest of the Heroes... He wasn't haste, but, he was worried about Chameleon. Suddenly, a swarm of thorn beetles came darting out towards him. He immediately charged up Inferno, the beetles were darting so he didn't have enough time! Before it was too late... He quickly slammed his palms into the ground, causing a mass of flames to rise from the ground, burning the small swarm of beetles. More Beetles were gathering around him, he signaled the rest of the group to aid him and fast. Insight remained calm, cool and collected, as he pulled out his sword, and used time control to hold off the beetles, waiting for his comrades aid.
Back to top Go down
Mythic

Mythic

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 5:37 pm

Mythic hid behind the rock, waiting to ambush the giant beetle, but then saw one of the group's members getting swarmed by beetles. She shot two arrows at two of the beetles charging at Insight, and notched another two, trying to hold off as many as she could. Against the number of beetles that there were, a small bow and a couple arrows at a time couldn't hold them all off, but she tried to kill as many as she could, hoping that the Will User could handle the rest. Everyone had to work together and combine their abilities if they wanted to finish the quest...or maybe even just to survive.

Suddenly, a beetle came in from behind the young female apprentice. Mythic unsheathed her shortsword, and was able to fell the opponent in one swift, decisive blow. But one was followed by another, followed by three more. She used her bow in her left hand to fend off attacks, while attacking with an iron sword in her right hand. It wasn't the most graceful style of combat, but it worked well enough in the tight situation. She sheathed her bow and started using her shortsword, quickly making her way over to Insight. "We need to work together..." She stated, which must have been painfully obvious by then. "You can charge up a powerful spell, while everyone defends you!" She volunteered, keeping a few Beetles at bay that followed her to the location.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 5:53 pm

Chameleon

Chameleon was still in the form of a rock, "This is not going well, The other members appear to be struggling, I will have to use this next ability and it will require a large amount of will", Chameleon said. Chameleon transformed back to his self, "Hey bettles, looking for a tasty meal come and get it", Chameleon said as he was waiting for the distraction to work, It was successful and all the beetles went after him, He made sure they were on the opposite side of the members, "Its time to use, Transformation", Chameleon said as he turned himself into a large stone wall cornering the beetles and blocking their path to the other memebers. "You will all need to get yourselves ready, As soon as I transform into my original form the beetles will once again attack you, Though it should be alot easier if you have them all in one space rather then scattered, You will need to work togather you should then have the advantage if you are togather, Once I release this transformation I will loss a large amount of will, It will be up to you three to finish the fight", Chameleon said as he waited for the three heroes to group togather so he could release his transformation and have the beetles grouped in one area.

The Beetles

The beetles fell for the trap, They were seperated and grouped togather on the other side of the stone wall that chameleon use to break them up with. They all gathered togather ready to charge as soon as they got the chance to attack. The large mutated beetle still remained inside the cave, Hoping that its comrades would help weaken the heroes. The battle was heating up and the heroes were one step closer to the problem.
Back to top Go down
https://fable-frpg.darkbb.com
Eclipse

Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:44 am

"Maybe i should try using will." said eclipse. "But then again if i use to much i will die form the poison." Kota thought of something. "Hey if we cut down a tree. We can ignite it on fire then repeat the process until we cut down three more trees and trap the beetles in them." Eclipse smiled. "Then the fire will get them or we we will." Eclipse still using is scythe as a walking stick walked over to a tree. "WE could use this one." said kota.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deeper In The Guild Woods...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next