Fable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fable

The Forgotten Tales

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Deeper In The Guild Woods...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Insight

Insight

Deeper In The Guild Woods... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 7:16 am

To Insight's luck, he as well as Mythic, made it through the Beetles he was struggling against. She had used the prowess of her bow, as well as the unique ability she had to her advantage. After that was accomplished more, probably twice the original amount gathered amongst eachother. Before anything Chameleon, the Will-User had turned himself into a large stone wall... This would give Insight enough time, as well as the rest of them to prepare for a gathered flurry of thorn beetles to come at them... Chameleon couldn't hold them off forever, so planning came into play. Eclipse had mentioned using fire and wood, to trap the beetles within them, Insight disliked the idea. "Eclipse, if we do that, you need to realize the Guild Woods is Heroes Guild property, using fire, to burn up wood, can lead to other trees burning up, causing a forest fire. Insight proposed Mythic's idea of charging up a Will Ability. "Mythic, if you can hold back any enemies, while I charge up Shock, then right when the beetles come through, I can lunge it down to the ground, surfacing the impact all around me, more specifically, the beetles." Explained Insight patiently. He then began charging up Shock with alot of the Will he had available to put the Shock to his maximum potential with it... Now, Insight waited for the enemy to strike when the wall went down... "Eclipse, you are lacking, prepare yourself for battle!" Ordered Insight, unintentionally. The was his last note... For the Will he was charging would be released in a matter of minutes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.narutoancients.iowoi.org
Mythic

Mythic

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 5:46 pm

Mythic obeyed, using her bow to shoot down any incoming Beetles, but some were starting to make their way toward the group. She used Time Control, slowing down the Beetles in her perspective, and speeding herself up. She was easily able to shoot down any Beetles coming within range...until the spell ran out. By then, she had very little mana left. She never was very strong when it came to Will abilities, and fatigued her mana faster than most students. After several waves, Mythic was forced to use her shortsword again, as they had gotten closer and were coming from several directions. She had a hard time holding them off - She needed Eclipse's help to properly defend Insight while he was charging the spell...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:22 pm

Chameleon

Chameleon still remained in the form of a wall blocking off the final wave of beetles, Now that the beetles were grouped togather it would make it easier for the heroes to attack them. "They must hurry, This ability is sapping my will, I cannot remain a wall forever", Chameleon said as he was patiently waiting for the heroes to arrive and inform him when they are ready. Chameleon continued to grow tired but his willpower would not be beaten so easily. Chameleon could here as the other heroes were coming closer towards him.

Beetles

The remaining beetles behind Chameleons wall transformation were swiftly losing numbers due to the power of 3 heroes working togather. The other wave behind chameleons wall were growing tired, They had still remained togather but they were now on the ground instead of in the air. The mutant beetle still remained behind the cave, Hidden. The heroes were quickly emerging closer to the main target.

[OOC: I forgot to log in as Chameleon, Sorry about that]
Back to top Go down
https://fable-frpg.darkbb.com
Eclipse

Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 6:36 am

Eclipse use blades at 3 of the beetles. Then we followed up with vortex. "For the last wave there are a lot of them." said kota. "Insight are you close to finishing?" asked eclipse. When it looked like they were dead 2 more came out. They were bigger then the others. "Well i guess one of them is the queen, the other i don't know." said kota. "Also it doesn't look right, is that what were after?" Eclipse waited for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Insight

Insight

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 2:56 pm

(OOC: Eclipse, remember, the beetles are on the OTHER side of the wall, so, there shouldn't be any beetles approaching us, until Chameleon's wall runs out of time... This has lasted longer then I had expected, so, I'll just address that Chameleon's wall ran out. And Eclipse, you may want to edit your post. Neutral It's not up to me though.)

It seemed that the wall Chameleon had made, was about to run out... As soon as Insight felt everything was ready, it had done just that. A swarm, most likely the last major one to deal with, came immediately darting towards Insight. This is when, right when they were in range, he had slammed his Will into the ground, spreading it all over the perimeter! Suddenly, multiple beetles all around were electrified, and most were killed. There were a few remaining, and Insight immediately pulled out his Steel Longsword, which was augmented, and began slashing at the rest, they were almost finished with... But, Insight didn't let pride get to him, and knew he'd need some help to kill the last remaining few... After this was done, they'd have to move onward, towards the biggest problem of this entire quest... But, what was it? Lurking in a "now-viewable" cave.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:05 pm

[OOC: Eclipse, I agree with Insight, You may want to edit just a few minor miscomprehensions before continuing.]

Last edited by Admin on Sun May 17, 2009 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mythic

Mythic

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 5:55 pm

(OOC: I assume it's alright for me to post, despite the possible editing?)

With the last wave of Beetles, Mythic stood ready with her sword, but found little use for it shortly after Insight's blast of electricity, fueled by Will. Mythic could feel it through her, as she was in range to be hit by it, but wasn't harmed. It was a curious feeling, which she soon shrugged off, preparing to help kill the last few Beetles that remained. After all had fallen, she sheathed her sword and readied her bow, notching two arrows. It was uncommon to see Mythic with only one arrow notched to her bow. "Well..." She started, but didn't finish. She slowly walked up to where the fatigued Apprentice was, who was previously the wall that held the Beetles off. Mythic's wounded leg wasn't hurting as bad now, and she was able to walk just fine. Running might be something of a problem, however.

"That's an interesting Will ability you have there." She speculated, once she got near the fellow Apprentice. She kept a close eye on the cave, remembering the hidden threat inside of it. Now that the Beetles were mostly dealt with, the four Apprentices could confront the main problem. Taking her eyes off of the cave, Mythic looked back to her fellow Apprentices, seeing if they were in a good enough condition to fight whatever may be hiding in the unseen.
Back to top Go down
Insight

Insight

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 5:58 pm

(OOC: Yes, it was fine for you to post.)
Back to top Go down
Chameleon

Chameleon

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 6:26 pm

Chameleon

"BRACE YOURSELVES!", Shouted Chameleon as his Transformation was growing weaker. Chameleon then turned back to his old state and the last wave of beetles were flying head first towards the heroes. "I've got nothing left", Chameleon said as he ran to catch up with whomever was last in the group. "I will have to remain behind you all, My will has depleted to its full state and it will take some time to recover, I did not say I wont help", Chameleon said as he pulled out his Scimitar. "Im ready when you three are", Chameleon stated as he was right behind his comrades.

The Beetles

As soon as Chameleons temporary barricade was down the beetles charged at the group of heroes in a massive number, However they were all grouped togather which meant more damage can be dealt to them all then rather just one. The beetles could not take their chances to go behind the heroes and attack Chameleon, So they began to attack the other 3. They were trying their best to jab their poisinous pincers into the three heroes, Thus weakening them. However a large number could not faulter so quickly so the beetles were still fighting something they could not win.
Back to top Go down
Eclipse

Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:57 pm

"These beetles are starting to annoy me." said eclipse. He looked at insight and mythic. Chameleon came up form behind him. "This never gets easyer does it?" asked eclipse. He got in a stance and perpared. Some of the beetles started to charge. He swiped his scythe at a low arch. Beetles kept on coming. Kota kept up his lower arc he was using. Kota sighed this was starting to annoy him.

Last edited by Eclipse on Fri May 15, 2009 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Insight

Insight

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:03 pm

(OOC: Kota, just for some credibility, you may want to actually start killing off the thorn beetles... Neutral Because, i'm sure mythic and I will take advantage of the weakening beetles. Just a suggestion, I won't post until i'm assured you don't intend to fight any.)
Back to top Go down
Eclipse

Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 6:36 am

{ooc;ok ]
Back to top Go down
Eclipse

Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 6:39 am

(fixed)
Back to top Go down
Insight

Insight

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 6:23 pm

(OOC: Thank you Kota, and that was for your own good.)

It seemed Kota had damaged the 1st line of rampaging beetles which were charging towards them all... Then, the weaker 2nd line of beetles pushed forward. Hmm... So, they think they have gotten smarter, I propose? Thought Insight calmly, as he prepared himself... "Chameleon, remain behind us... You've done much for us, throughout this entire quest... And I feel we really needed that help, also, this is going to end shortly!" Shouted Insight, through all the flapping of the beetles. The 2nd line reached Insight's position, he quickly, with alot of will, began using Inferno, multiple times, in quick, brief, less-consuming fireballs... This was effective, and one Inferno killed one beetles, a decent trade... The 2nd line was dwindling, and they had proven to be too weak for the power of Insight's will, the last, 3rd line was the last, and they darted towards Mythic, in hope of at least effectively damaging one hero, Mythic. Insight knew Mythic could handle herself, so, he remained very patient... "Once the 3rd line of beetles have been diminished, we should proceed, to the biggest obstacle yet." Explained Insight loudly, through the rest of the flapping beetles... Insight waited for Mythic to achieve her part, so that he could lead the rest of them, into moving forward...
Back to top Go down
Mythic

Mythic

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 12:18 pm

Mythic was able to use her bow to help keep the Beetles at bay, but surely she couldn't shoot them all. Insight was able to kill a great many with an Inferno spell, though the few that didn't charge head-first toward him charged toward Mythic. Somewhat startled, she unsheathed her sword and started hacking away at them. After checking and making sure that no more Beetles were advancing, Mythic swapped her sword for her bow. She kept close to the party, notching three arrows. Whether they were intended for three separate targets, or if they all would find one target to inflict a good amount of damage would be revealed in a few moments...
Back to top Go down
Chameleon

Chameleon

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 2:35 pm

Chameleon

"Very well, I must say that was very impressive you three", Chameleon stated. "I think thats all, well not exactly take a look", Chameleon said as he pointed at the cave. Once he pointed at the cave a large mutated beetle came out of nowhere. "This will not be easy you three, I can use melee on it though im afraid my will has been sapped and will take time to replenish", Chameleon explained. Chameleon readied himself though he knew since he was in the back the beetle wouldn't go after him first, Chameleon readied his scythe waiting for the beetle to come at them. "whomever is in the front of us will most likely be charged at first, be aware", Chameleon explained.

The Beetles
The beetles were killed, at least the normal ones were. As soon as the four students killed them off the large mutated beetle popped out and charged straight at the students, Its first target would be Mythic since she had the advantage from far range, Then it would prepare to charge at Insight who was closest to Mythic for Eclipse and Chameleon were behind the two. As it charged you could hear the ground shake, The students would have to act fast so that they do not get stomped on.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:10 pm

Skip Eclipse, continue Insight.
Back to top Go down
Insight

Insight

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:18 pm

Suddenly, like a flash the real problem had ignited. A giant thorn beetle revealed itself, and immediately charged straight through their lines towards Mythic, it was a semi-intelligent creature... It was treating the group like prey, and instead of being trampled as it charged towards Mythic, Insight had rolled quickly to the side, avoiding any damage. Right after he did this, and right before it could actually physically approach Mythic, directly, Insight had used weak, but rapid inferno, which would certainly frustrated the large, arrogant apex predator of the woods. Five Inferno came darting quickly towards it from behind the creature. "Mythic, prepare yourself, quickly!" Ordered Insight, worriedly. The Inferno continued darting towards the large thorn beetle... Insight's accuracy wasn't the best, but his use of the will was top of his class, Insight braced himself.
Back to top Go down
Mythic

Mythic

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 5:17 pm

The Beetle caught Mythic off-guard, for the most part, and her reflexes caused her to leap backwards. However, she was still in the direct path of the charging Beetle. Insight managed to evade it, but Mythic's wounded leg decreased her mobility. At the last second, she leaped to the side. She was much less graceful than one who focuses on Skill abilities should be. She tucked her legs in to bring them out of the path of the Beetle, only inches away. Insight had cast multiple inferno spells at it, and Mythic readied her bow, not even bothering to get up yet. She only had one arrow notched, but she pulled the bowstring back as far as she could, then fired at one of the Beetle's legs. She heard an order from Insight, and quickly got up and scrambled away from the Beetle, though not limping as fast as she would have liked.

(OOC: Sorry I haven't posted or even been on the site in a long time. My computer was taken away by my parents, and I had no way of coming on to tell anyone that I would be away. I apologize.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deeper In The Guild Woods...   Deeper In The Guild Woods... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deeper In The Guild Woods...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2